Friday, 1 February 2013

Imbolc Blog Hop

Today is the 1st of February, sometimes known as February Eve, Imbolc or Candlemas.  And so, it must be time for another Tarot Blog Hop!

Whether you've popped in from Alison's Alembic, or found your way here somehow else, I hope you'll consider swinging on around the rest of the Blog Hop.  Bloggers from around the world, all blogging at the same time on the same title, and yet always with such fascinatingly different results!

Anyhow, down to business.  This time, the subject our delightful wrangler, Aisling, gave us was: what is the fire in your belly?  I decided to cook up a quick spread: three cards in an upward-pointing triangle shape, symbolic of fire :)

It being a new year, it's time for a change of deck for these Blog Hop posts.  Having recently bought a second copy of the DruidCraft Tarot (Connections, 2004) and given it an extreme borderectomy, that is my deck of choice!

©P&S Carr-Gomm, W. Worthington
1)  What is the fire in my belly?  The Tower

Regular readers will know of my love/hate relationship with the Tower, the Major Arcana to have appeared here most often of any card, bar none!

Seems like there are big changes brewing again.  Things that will shake me out of any complacency, and alter not only what I do, but how I feel about myself.  I have some pretty good guesses about what these shifts will involve, or at least what the starting points will be.  Where they end up, though, is probably not something I can know until I get there.

Certainly, that's the way I see the Tower: we know that things will never be the same again, but we don't know what they will be like.  That, after all, is part of the work for the future!

©P&S Carr-Gomm, W. Worthington
2)  How can I stoke the fire?  Ten of Swords

How I can stoke these big changes is by not fighting them, not overdramatising, and not trying to get in the way of them.  I have to learn to let go of what is and embrace the new, even if I don't know where it will take me.  There is a new horizon, a new day, coming.  Trying to stop it will only make it harder, so the cards advise me to relinquish my fear, relinquish my sense of control, and stop trying to think through every possibility.  Can't be done, so I may as well not try!

©P&S Carr-Gomm, W. Worthington
3)  What bright flame will spring from it?  Ten of Pentacles

Well, at least this card is a little more cheerful than the previous two!

The bright flame that will spring from embracing these big changes is a new legacy, a new sense of family and peace :)  I notice the woman in the background hanging up a blue pentacle - colour of communication.  So, my ability to communicate will improve, supported by friends and family.  I guess, if I become more authentically who I now am, then I will also be able to communicate that...

I hope you've enjoyed this little spread, and the beautiful cards from the DruidCraft Tarot.  I'd love to hear if you try the spread out yourself!

In the meantime, why not hop on over to Louise's Priestess Tarot post, it's sure to be a good one!


16 comments:

  1. I always love your blogs. This one in particular has such a simple spread but so impactful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne :) I like short spreads, and yet they can still say a lot!

      Delete
  2. This is, as Joanna says, a very potent spread. On my list to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find it useful, Arwen. Can't wait to try your four seeds spread, too :)

      Delete
  3. That's a very powerful reading depicting huge changes ahead. Given the position of the cards it looks like you know what these changes are and that you welcome them too. The Ten of Pentacles is such a great card to draw for the final position after the first two, just look at the abundance and contentment in the image!

    Thank you for sharing this, it's a great spread and I'll be giving it a go later on this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, you're absolutely right! I do have a good idea what this is about, hope to share more next week... :)

      Delete
  4. Jumpin' Jiminy, those cards certainly boxed you round the earholes, didn't they! If anyone I know has what it takes to deal with those pesky TOWERS that keep popping up, it's you my dear Steel Magnolia. (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Carla,
      I know you don't see the Tower as such a big deal. Still, for me it has taken on quite dramatic aspects in the past... And yet, change can be good, too :)

      Delete
  5. Very potent indeed. Another one to add to my 'to try' list - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Alison :) Hope it gives you an interesting reading, too!

      Delete
  6. Proof for the that a brief reading can still be very powerful. And I know that as powerful as you, you can handle any Tower moment life throws at you with the epitome of style and grace!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Krysten,
      Yes, I'm a big fan of brief readings ;) And this one was a doozy - the Tower has now hit and I've had a couple more messages about letting go and letting Goddess... Not sure I'm managing the style and grace bit yet, but give me time :)
      Cxxx

      Delete
    2. Hug hug hug hug hug!!!! Sending love to you.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Carla, really appreciate it!!!

      Delete
  7. Onward! I wish you well on your journey, and with your challenges. The tens seem to be everywhere; here's what I got: Ten of Swords-Page of Cups-Ten of Cups. We have some things in common, I see, but positions are a little different, as well as theme.

    For me, looks like time to start over. Old stuff is getting stale and sapping my strength. Time for new blood, new life, and the Page says, new ways to be love, which seem to lead to a great emotional location. Wouldn't mind living in that thatch-roofed cottage (Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Tarot Royale). So beautiful! That's where I'm headed.

    Great spread, indeed. A keeper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, lovely Joanne! Yes, the Ten of Cups is a lovely one to be headed towards, and I like that self-reflection and emotional openness will help you let go of what's no longer needed :)

      Delete