Friday, 11 October 2013

Foxy

For this last day with the Badger's Forest Tarot (GameCrafter, 2013), we have another of those cards that really doesn't help in guessing which suit is which.

In this Nine of Foxes (Cups), we have a fox sitting facing the left, but with his head turned to look up and right.  Has he heard a bird in the tree above?  He doesn't seem startled, just interested.  Then again, it only takes a second for a fox to leap into action.  So, I could see in this the Nine of Wands - ready to jump up on the defensive. Or the Nine of Pentacles, enjoying the sights and sounds of its forest home.  The Nine of Cups' emotional satisfaction is also possible, and the 'right' answer.

Still, this card could be read in other ways, too.  As advice to listen out for messages around you, or to keep an eye open for unexpected opportunities, for instance.

For myself, I think I'll take all three messages today.  It's the day I present at the UK Tarot Conference, so I'll look for the emotional satisfaction in teaching and sharing with my community.  I'll also listen out for messages, as there are plenty of wise and wonderful people there.  And I'll look out for whatever opportunities present themselves: to learn, to network, to make new friends, to connect with familiar faces, and who knows what else!

I am grateful for the opportunities life presents me with.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Chloe,, I wish you the most wonderful experiences at this conference! I hope when you come home tonight you’ll feel fulfilled after a long and sometimes nerving preparation and enriched with beautiful new idea’s :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen, that's a lovely sentiment! I won't be home tonight, though, as the Conference continues tomorrow - two whole days of Tarot and Lenormand fun :D

      Delete
    2. Now I envy you even more!!!!
      Have a great time
      Hugs

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Ellen! It was fabulous. I'll try to put together a post on it for this afternoon :)

      Delete
  2. Wish I could be at your presentation. It will be amazing and will look forward to hearing how it all went for you and in general. What can be better than two whole days of Tarot and Lenormand. xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe three days ;) It was such a great experience, wish you could have been there, too, Carol.
      P.S. Love your new photo!

      Delete