Monday, 30 March 2015

Tarot Discs Reading

This week, I am using something a little different.  These are wooden discs painted with simplified images to represent the 22 Major Arcana: tarot discs (2015), created by Caroline Black. 

Now: The Fool

This image certainly encourages the interpretation of diving into something, being willing to take the plunge!  This can be risky, or just a bit scary even if you know there's no danger involved.  As so often, I simply hope I have the time to plunge into something, Little One willing...

Don't: The Star

The Star is normally such a positive card.  In this position, though, it makes me think of a song lyric from Rocky Horror: don't dream it, be it.  I know I can sometimes get lost in a daydream, wishful thinking.  Something to be aware of, this week.

Do: The Sun

Look at this sun filling the disk, with its rays swirling about.  It's full of energy and movement.  Combined with the Fool and the Star, it says to me to pour my energy into something new, taking action rather than just dreaming about it.

To see journal prompts inspired by these cards, click here.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it's amazing how much you can get onto a little piece of wood! :)

      Delete
  2. To my own surprise I like these a lot. Maybe because they remind me of my runes somehow
    Perhaps you could get a baby swimming ring for LO and take the plunge together :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a rune-like feel to them. Hmm, interesting thought, Ellen :)

      Delete
  3. Cool disks! These three together make me think of the phrase, "Strike while the iron is hot." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good way of looking at it, Bev :)

      Delete
  4. These are fun and easy to connect with. I love it! Great, simple reading, too. Hope you're well this week. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MM! With the swap to the new blog, and plunging into that opportunity (the tarot magic webinar), somehow these comments all got lost in my inbox. I am well, and hope you are, too <3

      Delete
  5. LOVE these! What a great idea...thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I love things that are that bit different :)

      Delete
  6. Really cute! Great idea well-executed! <3

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it! These are a lot of fun, and would work really well in combination with cards, too, as clarifiers or themes, perhaps...

      Delete
  7. Thanks to Chloe for using the Tarot Discs here, and I'm glad other people are enjoying them and like the look of them too.
    Feel free to contact me if you'd like any more information on the Tarot Discs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spread. Interesting "cards"! The Fool as "taking the plunge" works very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it, Zanna? Apologies for the delay getting back to these comments. On the other hand, it's a nice reminder of these little discs... :)

      Delete